Those who follow the People's Artists of Ukraine, sisters Galia and Lesia Telnyuk, know that throughout their creative life they have always turned to spiritually filled poetry and, quite naturally, this path led them to Christian verses. The new programme of the duet "Agnus Dei" ["The Lamb of God"] includes compositions, whose verses were written by poets of different religious denominations at different times and later set to music. This is also our prophet Taras Shevchenko with his brilliant interpretations of the Old Testament texts and a very young Greek-Catholic Bohdan Ihor Antonycz with his sincere, pure, and young emotions, as well as extremely deep and subtle poetry-communication with God of Karol Wojtyla, whom we know better as Pope John Paul II.
"Primarily we didn't plan to create a programme featuring religious tests," says the author of music Lesia Telnyuk. – The poems came gradually, compositions were created over the years, and the final chord was setting Karol Wojtyla's poetry and Galia's poem "The Holy Communion" to music last year.
The premiere of the programme "Agnus Dei" took place at the National Opera of Ukraine on March 27, 2019. The project "TELNYUK: Sisters" presented a new programme with the participation of the National Presidential Orchestra of Ukraine in the context of the awarding of four military chaplains, who became the recipients of Father Omelyan Kovch International Honors for outstanding humanitarian contributions.
"We are happy to share the idea of dedicating this programme to Omelyan Kovch. This figure is important to us as an example and a reminder of the high purpose of man," comments Galia Telnyuk. – In our time of accumulation of evil, finding our way to eternal values is extremely important. In the programme "Agnus Dei", touching on the words of the great people, we will begin this journey together with the orchestra and choir under the auspices of the People's Artist of Ukraine Vasyl Vasylenko".
The concert programme includes the following compositions:
01. "Mater Gloriosa" ("The Glorified Mother") by Bohdan Ihor Antonycz/ Lesia Telnyuk.
02. "Agnus Dei" by Bohdan Ihor Antonycz/ Lesia Telnyuk.
03. "Triangulum" by Bohdan Ihor Antonycz/ Lesia Telnyuk.
04. "All My Confidence..." by Taras Shevchenko/ Lesia Telnyuk.
05. "Love..." by Karol Wojtyla (John Paul II)/ Lesia Telnyuk.
06. "Kyrie Eleison" ("Lord, Have Mercy") by Bohdan Ihor Antonycz/ Lesia Telnyuk.
07. "The Distant Shores of Silence..." by Karol Wojtyla (John Paul II)/ Lesia Telnyuk.
08. "You Still Live" by Rosa Ausländer/ Lesia Telnyuk.
09. "The Whitest Dove of All..." by Paul Celan/ Lesia Telnyuk.
10. "Liber Peregrinorum 3" ("Book of Pilgrims 3") by Bohdan Ihor Antonycz/ Lesia Telnyuk.
11. "I Beg You..." by Karol Wojtyla (John Paul II)/ Lesia Telnyuk.
12. "They Grew up Together..." by Taras Shevchenko/ Lesia Telnyuk.
13. "The Holy Communion" by Galia Telnyuk/ Lesia Telnyuk.
14. "The Psalms of David" by Taras Shevchenko/ Lesia Telnyuk.
15. "Salve Regina!" ("Save, Queen of Heaven!") by Bohdan Ihor Antonycz/ Lesia Telnyuk.
With the participation of National Presidential Orchestra
Arrangement: Oleksii Bazhenov