"Baroque on the plein air":
Open Opera Ukraine
Baroque music is permeated with Nature!
Finally, the Baroque finds itself in its natural realm – in the open air. So, dear geeks who are in love with the Baroque, enjoy! We have prepared a programme that clearly traces nature in different style clusters and conceptual dimensions inherent in the 18th century. Nature as nature itself and nature as a metaphor. We cordially invite all the admirers of Rousseau, Stern, Marquis de Sade, and other intellectuals of the Enlightenment. There will definitely be something to talk about after the concert under the famous ash-tree of Sophia Kyivska :)
The Open Opera Ukraine musicians under the guise of the famous violinist, violist, and conductor Illia Korol will play and sing during the concert!
The concert programme includes the following compositions:
1. Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach (1714 – 1788). Symphony in B Minor (WQ 182/5) from the Six Berliner Symphonies. Prestissimo. Larghetto. Presto.
2. George Frideric Handel (1685 – 1759). Concerto Grosso, Op.6, No. 7, B-Dur (HWV 325). I. Largo II. Allegro III. Largo, e piano IV. Andante V. Hornpipe.
3. George Frideric Handel (1685 – 1759). Aria "Bellezza", "Tu del ciel ministro eletto" from the oratorio "Il Trionfo del Tempo e del Disinganno" (HWV 46a).
Soloist: Inna Guseva (soprano)
4. George Frideric Handel (1685 – 1759). Aria "Polifemo", "O ruddier than the cherry" from the opera "Acis and Galatea" (HWV 49).
Soloist: Ihor Voronka (basso)
5. Franz Joseph Haydn (1732 – 1809). Aria of Flaminia "Ragion nell'alma siede" from the opera "Il mondo della luna" (Hob 28/7).
Soloist: Anna Tverdova (soprano)
6. Georg Philipp Telemann (1681 – 1767). Concerto for trumpet, violin, cello, strings and basso continuo, D-Dur (TWV 53:D5). Vivace. Adagio. Allegro.
Andrii Nakonechnyi (trumpet);
Illia Korol (violin);
Viktor Rekalo (cello).
*The Ukrainian violinist, violist and conductor, Ilia Korol, is an internationally acclaimed artist.
A true specialist in Early Music, he is widely regarded as one of the best in his field. He has performed at the most important festivals in Europe, Asia, and the USA.
He has performed as concert-master and soloist with different orchestras:
Ilia Korol has led orchestras in Spain, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, USA and other countries.
Numerous CD recordings attest his lively chamber music activities as well.
As a passionate teacher, Ilia Korol holds numerous master-classes . Some of his students have become internationally renowned artists.